Friday, October 23, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Whitaker's 50th Anniversary Luau

So, there are a few things that happened recently that happened pre-blog that I want to document...so these are pictures from my Whitaker grandparents' (Russ & Jan) 50th wedding anniversary luau. They served their mission in Hawaii at the Polynesian Cultural Center (in charge of the food! How awesome would that mission be!)...so now the Luau seems the be the natural party theme for them forever. Thanks to my aunt Shelley for putting it all together. She's the glue that holds our family together.
My uncle Scott brought his "solar saucer" that he created out of solar panels and other random stuff that he mounted on a trailer. The solar panels run huge speakers that are attached to the front of the saucer and up in the "cockpit" of the saucer he can sit up there and run music...so it's a giant music making machine. He DJs at lots of local events. It lights up at night..it's pretty cool.


So this is my little brother Braylee (15), my dad, his girlfriend Nicole, and Her son Alex (15).


My Aunt Heidi had a replica of my grandparents' wedding cake made for the party (the picture on the table shows their original cake).



Shelley found tons of original wedding pictures, other pictures, and an actual invitation from my grandparents' wedding.




Still in love after 50 years!






Jourdyn and grandma (Jourdyn is my cousin. We're pretty close, in fact, she's living with us while she goes to school)

Branden, Grandma, Grandpa, and me!

Grandma & Grandpa! I love you so much! Seriously, there aren't 2 other people in the world that mean so much to me than these two! They have always been there for me and I know I'm their favorite ;).



















1 comment:

  1. You're getting good at this blogging thing! I've heard so much about these people, but I've never seen any of them so it's nice to put a face with a name--like your dad. BTW, is your dad not with Tad anymore?? Nicole, the new gf, looks like she is younger than her son!! I love Braylee's cocount bra :)

    Can you post your pictures bigger so I can see them better, haha.

    I kind of wish you lived closer so we could get together more often :( Do you think Branden would reconsider moving to Spanish Fork?? haha

    ReplyDelete