Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cakes, Cupcakes & Cookies Galore

OK, so a for graduation with my undergrad, my dad gave me a cake decorating kit. I honestly thought it was a tackle box....I let it sit in my basement for about a year until I decided to start messing with it. I looked at the little instruction booklet and tried to make some stuff. I signed up for a beginners cake decorating class at a local craft store...and I'm definitely still an amateur, but I really like to decorate cakes when I have time. Actually, cupcakes are my favorite. So here are a few pictures of cakes and cupcakes that I've done. These monsters are by far my favorite cupcakes. I do them every halloween.
My second favorite Halloween cupcake.


Mini cupcakes...kind-of fun with the raspberry in the middle. This was a marble cake mix and they were YUMMY!

I made 2 of these cakes for Branden's little sister's (Kami) wedding shower.

I made this cake real quick one saturday for a friend's birthday (Stacey Hansen).

I really liked this cake tin when I found it. It lets you decorate different "layers" but it isn't a full on 3 tiered cake.
I made this cake pretty early on in my cake decorating days. It was inspired by some cool henna cupcakes I saw online. I did the Celtic knot at the top since the cake was for my mom's birthday and she loves all things Celt, especially the knots.

My mom's cake inspired me to do a similar cake for Branden's Dad's (Ronnie) birthday.

Some fun easter basket and spring flower cupcakes.

My grandma Jan had a bridal/reception center for many years. She did all of the catering and she is awesome. It was really special to me when I first started to learn to use the icing bags and tips that I was able to spend a day with her doing nothing but decorating cookies. She definitely taught me a thing or two. For some reason I love this picture of my grandma's hands. It's the perfect picture for how I remember her hands.

Enjoying the fruits of your labor is dangerous when frosting and sweets are involved. (you can see the "tacklebox" in the background)

My experimental easter bunny cake.

I made BYU cupcakes (against my better judgement) for a party we were having at Keb and Amy's (Branden's cousin and his wife) to watch a BYU game. The cupcake on the bottom right is a cute little football....that was my favorite one.

My first cake with roses. This is a cake that I had to make for my cake decorating class.


This was my first cake that I had to make for my class.














1 comment:

  1. Hmm, how long have I known you and I had no idea that you loved to decorate cakes and cupcakes?? Ok, so I haven't know you that long but still... Love your cakes and they look pretty tasty, too. The birthday cake with the "R" on it is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete