Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vegas (July 4th) and Boating (July 9th)


We went to Vegas over the July 4th weekend. We took my little brother with us and drove to our Grandparents' house in Vegas and hung out with family for the weekend.


We went to Fremont Street in Vegas with my dad and my little brother Braylee (both are in the pic above with Branden) where there is a huge screen that arches over the sidewalk for a while city block. There are all sorts of crazy people down there. There were a ton of people dressed up as famous people posing for pictures. (We're cheap, so we just took pictures of us :) )



After Fremont Street, we got in the car and it said that it was 112 degrees at 10:54 at night...and if you look at the windshield...it was even raining a little...HOT!




Braylee, Branden and my dad were trying to land on this floaty in the pool (yes, only one of them is a teenage boy, but all of them were acting 17). I caught Branden in this perfect superhero pose!


We had tons of fun in Vegas. I am a total water person. I could swim all day long. Was so good to see my family...Love 'em!


Then this weekend, Branden had the Father and Sons campout, so I hung out with some of my friends in the ward and we had a girl's night! Then Saturday morning Branden and I went to help with the adoption float in the American Fork Parade. After the parade, we went Boating with our friends.


We are so lucky to live in the greatest neighborhood/ward. Branden's calling as YM President has blessed our lives SO MUCH! When he chose Brian (left) and Doug (right) to be his counselors, he didn't know either of them very well (in fact Doug was new to the ward). Turns out that has been a HUGE blessing. Their families have become close friends of ours.


Not only are Branden, Brian and Doug friends, but Kim (Brian's wife) and Amanda (Doug's wife) have become my great friends. It has been a really rough month for Branden and I. Without these families support, we'd be much worse off! I drove to Amanda's house after work just to have a good cry many times! Thanks Brian and Kim for the boating day....1st time in a while that I didn't worry about a single thing for hours at a time ;)...CAN'T WAIT FOR BEAR LAKE WITH THESE FAMILIES OVER THE 24TH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment